A New Year's Note // The Edit.

Photo creds to Matthew

This is page 1 of 365.

Maybe it's the new year that's gotten me to write this and re-name my blog. Maybe not.

But you're probably reading this thinking, "Where were you all this time? Why the sudden re-brand? Where are all of your old posts?" and if I'm completely honest with you, there is no good reason for me being gone for so long. Ever since high school started, I've changed a lot in such a short period of time, that my blog was the only thing not changing with me. Which, is why I've reverted most of my old posts back to drafts.

When I stopped publishing my work, I got lazy and never got around to editing the pile of photographs I had from weeks ago; not to mention I procrastinated so much that I developed a habit of studying until midnight almost every day.

Not good when you've got to wake up at 5am the next morning, haha!

And the truth is, I miss all the comments I used to receive from you guys, and most of all, I miss taking photographs. I just miss the realness of it all.

Photo creds to Matthew
The other day, I was talking to a friend over Skype (he knows some of my friends, but I've never met him before) and he knew I hadn't gone out on any photoshoots recently, so he sent me a couple of his own photos to edit. A just-for-fun, kinda thing. Typing this out, he might actually be the real reason why I decided to rebrand my blog from Wanderlust Girl, to just my name, Kyia Belle.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of trying to categorize myself to "fit into" someplace on the internet, and from now on I'll be publishing whatever the hell I want to publish. And if that means changing the way my blog is presented, so be it. I'm not the same person I was two years ago when I started all this.

January 1st, 2018 is a Monday. A new day. The start of a new week. The beginning of an entire year.

I have this idea of how I want to be- more appreciative, less critical of myself, more adventurous. To truly focus on what matters, and leave all the bull shhh behind and move forward. To be the girl who gets excited about the things you should be excited about. To understand that you have the choice to surround yourself with people who will be there for you at 2am when you're falling apart, but also at 3pm when you love life and they make you love it more. To photograph all the moments worth capturing, because you only live in the moment once.

Maybe we can help each other out along the way if you (whoever you are!) decide to join me!

Raise your glasses of bubbly to a new year, because I think we can do this.

What kind of person do you see yourself becoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top