Caught in a Whirlwind of Emotions

Since so many of you love it whenever I post advice, I thought it would be nice if I shared some more "life tips" on this blog. Like previously, on THIS POST called "It's OK to not be OK," and THIS POST called "Keep Fighting for What You Love."

Which by the way, got SO MUCH feedback from you guys, and I just want to give you all one big hug! So thank you, and keep on commenting on those posts above.

You know that feeling when every single memory with a certain person flashes in your mind like flipping through old photographs?

Every little detail I remember makes me smile and wince in embarrassment (even if the memory happened 1 YEAR AGO!) The way he looked at me with that shine in his eyes- the kind that seem to stick around longer than the words that were actually exchanged. The way his dimples in his cheeks played peek-a-boo while we talked. The way he continued to impress me and make me laugh almost every time I saw him.

This put the biggest smile on my face, as I know he'll always be there for me.

On the other hand, I felt so overwhelmed by what happened in the past, and those happy memories faded to the back of my mind.

These overwhelming things weren't happy and didn't make me blush like what I described above. I hate to say it, but I was almost on the urge to break down.

One of my other close friends reassured me with some truly amazing, encouraging things. Even though we are going to different schools next year, I know I can always count on her to be my personal cheerleader.

After I texted her, she gave me this little note:

Suggestion: take naps but don't waste the day, or lay down on the grass but don't sleep. That should help you relax and make you feel less drained. Love you my little squish.

And for some reason, those couple of words meant so much to me.

Because when someone tells you things like this while you're at your worst, and who really like you for you, and you really like them for them, you have to do all you can not to lose them.

I love you guys so much and I'm so grateful for all of your support.

Keep posting about your tough times- and keep fighting for what you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top