Origins, First Impressions

Ahh face masks, the one thing I don't think I'll ever get bored of. There's quite the number of empty bottles and tubs starting to collect in my drawers, and although trying out all the different kinds of peel/clay/exfoliating masks is very, very fun, these things also find a way to slowly empty out my wallet. Recently I got these mini Origins face masks along with a mini cleanser. The first time I used all 4 of these products in conjunction with each other, I had an "OMG I NEED THE ENTIRE LINE" moment, so let me tell you why.


A little background info... I've been wanting to try Origins for the longest time, but for some reason, I never got around to picking anything up as my skin has always been pretty clear (besides the occasional breakout and being REALLY oily), so it never made sense for me to spend a fortune on products. But then Christmas rolled around, my auntie came in clutch, and the rest is history, haha!

In the kit, there were two wash-off masks, one overnight mask, and one face wash. Each of the products are 30mL, so it was the perfect way to introduce a few of Origins' products into my routine. Reviews are written in order from left to right from the photo above.

Origins Original Skin™Retexurizing Mask with Rose Clay: This one actually surprised me the first time I slathered it on because I didn't realize there were little exfoliating beads in it! If I'm honest I think the beads are the best part; since other exfoliators or scrubs I've tried are too harsh and end up leaving my skin more sensitive to creams I put on afterwards. This mask was surprisingly nice and benefitted me a lot more than I thought it would! It was gritty enough that it felt like a deep exfoliator and left my skin feeling clean, and I also found that it helped a lil' bit with discolouration around the contours of my eyes and around my mouth, which made me look really glowy. And the floral smell isn't crazy strong, so that's a plus.
best for: renewal and radiance // recommended for: dry, normal, oily skin

Origins Clear Improvement™Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores: Charcoal masks have been a big thing in the beauty industry that I'm sure you've heard of many times before. This is my least favourite of the 3, only because I've been using this for a good month and haven't noticed any major differences in my acne. I've noticed that when I apply it around the sides of my nose and cheeks there's this warm tingling, which is fine since my skin can handle that, but if you have really sensitive skin I wouldn't want you guys to have a bad reaction! I love the way it makes my skin feel tight but not dry right after using it, but other than that there weren't any special benefits for me.
best for: acne & oil control // recommended for: dry, normal, oily skin

Can we take a minute to appreciate how cool those swatches look? It's kind of hilarious how proud I am of thinking to swatch them on my mirror.

Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Mask to Quench Skin's Thirst: Lemme start by saying how absolutely delicious this thing smells. It smells like some sort of fruit or shampoo or something, idk, but I frickin' love it so much. Because this is a moisturizing mask, I was afraid it was going to leave a greasy residue the next morning, but it wasn't too heavy at all. Although, I've read some reviews where people have said their skin developed an allergic reaction to it, so just an FYI. I've been getting a double-use out of this by using pea-sized amount every night as an eye cream because of how thick and moisturizing it is, and I don't think I'll be looking back anytime soon.
best for: hydration // recommended for: dry, normal skin

Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash: Now this is the product that's about to convert me to Origins completely (okay, maybe not completely but I really want to try more from the brand!) because I love it soso much. For some reason, I go through a new cleanser almost every month, but it's almost the end of January and it looks like I've just barely opened it. It smells subtly of lavender and mint, which I never thought I would end up liking. The "froth" when you rub it on your face isn't bubbly but lathers a good amount, feels silky, and most importantly, makes your skin feel squeaky clean without it being dry. I've also noticed that my skin doesn't get as greasy as it used to, like at all. It's great.
best for: basic // recommended for: dry, normal, oily, sensitive skin.

I'd love to know if you've tried anything from Origins before, and which products if you have?

Which products did you love, and which didn't do much for your skin type?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top